Mandela Day is one of the busiest and most exciting days of the year in the JAM calendar and this year was no exception.
JAM South Africa, along with many generous donors and partners alike, spent the day completing various activities heeding the call of a global movement for good.
JAM teams worked tirelessly behind the scenes again this year in order to facilitate and manifest the ‘dreams come true’ at the various institutions we chose to support, we then joined our partners at each venue and worked together.
During these projects, JAM South Africa aims to assist in a number of ways in order to ensure that our work is sustainable and has long-term benefits for the recipients.
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) Centre makeovers (which can include just a paint job/general maintenance, or a completely new build)
- Supply of decent, clean and working ablution facilities
- Educational toys (both for individual play as well as the playground)
- Vegetable gardens (to supplement the children’s meals as well as provide a source of income for the ECD owner)
- Feeding programmes during every school week
Watch the video and listen to Country Director, Jackie Vorster as she conveys her thanks to all those that participated in the 2019 Nelson Mandela Day.